These terms apply to all sales by Leonard Hudson to the exclusion of any other terms unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Leonard Hudson reserves the right to make changes at any time to the items shown on this website and to add or remove selected styles.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the colours and images used on this website give a good representation of the products themselves, we cannot guarantee this due to monitor resolution/brightness and the general limitations of the printing process.
A large number of garment and accessory items are stock supported and available for quick despatch. Stock-supported and undecorated goods are normally despatched within 7 days typically either by Royal Mail or one of the main parcel carriers. Where items are temporarily unavailable for quick despatch, and acknowledgment is sent giving date of anticipated despatch date.
Anticipated delivery dates for non-catalogue standard or personalised garments may be confirmed at the time of ordering. Unless agreed in writing, time is not of the essence.
In the case of goods made to special order, we reserve the right to over or under-deliver by a reasonable amount, such as by way of example where a length of specially woven tie fabric has been produced and due to the nature of the weaving process there is a variance in the expected length of fabric or quantity of ties expected. Any such reasonable variance shall, unless by specific and prior written agreement, be considered normal trade practice, and Leonard Hudson shall be entitled to charge for and be paid for the quantity produced.
Leonard Hudson reserves the right to deliver the goods in reasonable instalments, in which case the customer shall accept and pay for the goods in reasonable instalments. Each instalment is to be treated as a separate contract.
Any claim for non-delivery of or damage to the goods in transit should be made within seven days of the date of the invoice for them. Our liability in respect of any such claim is limited at our option to replacement of the goods or refund of the price and does not extend to any indirect or consequential loss. Your statutory rights are not affected.
The price of the goods will be the price ruling at the date of dispatch or as agreed at the time of receipt of order. All prices quoted exclude post and packing and VAT (unless you have selected to view prices including VAT). Any applicable post and packing and VAT is payable by you in addition to the contract price.
Unless otherwise agreed, arranged or advised on the Check-Out sequence, orders up to a value of £100 plus VAT will incur a post and packing charge of £4.95 per order for deliveries within most areas of mainland UK. VAT will be chargeable where applicable. Orders over £100 goods value to most areas of mainland UK are despatched free of carriage cost. Delivery cost to other regions is by quotation or special arrangement.
In areas affected by a congestion charge, a surcharge of 50p plus VAT per order may be added. In the event that the carrier is unable to deliver to you and a second delivery journey is required, or if the second attempted delivery is unsuccessful, in which case the goods will be returned to Leonard Hudson, additional carriage charges incurred may be charged to you.
Leonard Hudson will not be liable for any consequential loss caused by failure of the carrier to deliver.
Any other additional services such as embroidery or other personalisation of garments, alteration to garments, man-packing etc. may incur an additional charge. Prices for these services (where applicable) will be confirmed at the time of ordering.
If you have a credit account, invoices will be issued on the day of despatch of the goods and must be paid within thirty days of invoice date, subject to status.If you fail to pay us in full on the due date:
- We may suspend or cancel future deliveries;
- We may cancel any discount offered to you;
- Insofar as it applies, you must pay us interest at the rate equivalent to that set for the purposes of Section 6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998; Interest on late payments will be calculated to apply from the date of our invoice until payment, and compounded on the first day of each calendar month;
- We may cancel any discount offered to you;
- Before and after any judgment (unless the court orders otherwise).
If you have not paid Leonard Hudson all amounts due on an invoice and 45 days have passed since the due date for payment then Leonard Hudson has the right to charge you an administrative fee.
You are to indemnify Leonard Hudson in full and hold Leonard Hudson harmless from all expenses and liabilities Leonard Hudson may incur (directly or indirectly and including finance costs and legal costs on a full indemnity basis) following any breach by you of any of your obligations under these terms. You are not entitled to set off any debt or claim against other amounts owing to us.
Risk and ownership
The risk in the goods passes to you when the goods are delivered to the delivery address. Ownership of the goods remains with Leonard Hudson until payment has been received in full for the goods in question and any other goods for which payment is also due.
If (a) you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors or become bankrupt or become subject to an administration order, or go into liquidation; (b) you cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on business; or (c) Leonard Hudson reasonably believes that any of the above events is about to occur and notifies you accordingly; then you shall cease at once to use any goods not then paid for and shall on demand return any of them remaining in your possession.
On making such a demand, we are entitled, without incurring any liability to you, to enter your premises and remove and repossess such of our goods as are to be found there, and also to cancel any contract with you.
Where we are unable to perform due to any circumstances beyond our control we may suspend performance while those circumstances subsist and any agreed date or period for delivery shall be regarded as extended accordingly. If any period of suspension of deliveries lasts for more than three months, either party may cancel the contract by written notice without penalty.
If any garments are not required for any reason we will be happy to replace them or to refund their value provided that: (a) they are returned to us carriage-paid, unused (other than for the purpose of trying on the garment), within thirty days of delivery; (b) our invoice relating to the relevant goods has been paid by the due date; and (c) a written note is enclosed quoting the invoice number and stating the reason for the garments being returned. Garments which have been used but are returned within seven days under the terms of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, will also be refunded although a handling fee may be deducted from the refund. In the case of return of ten or more garments, a handling charge relating to the administration costs incurred may be applied by Leonard Hudson. Goods returned are done so at your risk and you are advised to use a service which provides a guarantee of delivery. This returns policy does not apply to non-catalogue standard styles, altered or personalised garments.
If an order for a bespoke style, personalised or altered garment is cancelled for any reason you will be charged for any garment, labour or fabric costs that have been incurred in processing the order up to the time of cancellation.
Warranties and liability
- Leonard Hudson warrants that unless the customer has been otherwise notified prior to processing of order, the goods will correspond with their specification and will be free from defects in material and workmanship. In addition, any garments constructed from speciality workwear fabric will be guaranteed for a period of twenty-four months from purchase. Both of these warranties are subject to the following conditions:
- Leonard Hudson shall not be liable: (i) in respect of any defect arising otherwise than from fair wear and tear, or arising from wilful damage, negligence, failure to follow care instructions, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration; (ii) if the total price for the goods has not been paid by the due date; (iii) if the defect arises from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the customer.
- Where goods are faulty, Leonard Hudson shall replace the goods free of charge, rectify the fault, or refund the price of the goods, and Leonard Hudson shall have no further liability. For any sales covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 the customer has the right to request a refund.
- Leonard Hudson shall not be liable for any loss or damage whether direct or consequential or otherwise but in any event Leonard Hudson's liability (if any) shall be limited to the price of the goods.
- Nothing in these terms affects Leonard Hudson's liability for death or personal injury resulting from Leonard Hudson's negligence.
- Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
Any samples requested which are invoiced to you on despatch will be credited in full provided they are returned to us unused and in good condition within thirty days of delivery otherwise the price, including any applicable post and packing and VAT becomes immediately payable.
Any garment supplied under a rental or hire purchase agreement will be covered by separate Terms and Conditions.
All images and written matter used on this website are the property of Leonard Hudson and may not be copied or reproduced without the written permission of Leonard Hudson.
In an effort to continually improve our service to our customers, telephone calls may be recorded for training purposes.